Life as a House

"You know the great thing, though, is that change can be so constant you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't even notice that your life is better or worse, until it is. Or it can just blow you away, make you something different in an instant. It happened to me." - George- Life as a House

Monday, October 22, 2012

Family & Friends- California 2010 Trip

Oh, who am I kidding? ONE thing from each month to catch up? This is gonna be hard!

Ok, so here goes... in December 2010- Ryder and I took a trip to California to spend some time with family and friends. We had a wonderful time, although Jimi (Daddy) was still overseas in Afghanistan.

First, Aunt Mandy, and Aunt Lauren had a small first birthday party for Ryder with a cake and gifts!

To this day, Aunt Lauren's little ride on gift is one of his favorites!



After spending a couple of days in Victorville, we headed south to Corona, CA to visit with my good friend, Jenny, and her husband Terrick and son, Easton. The last time I saw Jenny she was pregnant with Easton. I hate that we don't see each other more often :(

Easton and Ryder got along wonderfully (As you can see, Aunt Lauren's gift was a hit with him as well!) Here, the two of them playing together. They even got Ryder a present for his one year birthday. How sweet that they remembered.

Although it was a short trip, we had a lot of fun eating out, and driving around looking at Christmas lights. I don't know why I don't have any pictures of myself with Jenny & Terrick from this trip, but I did find this great picture of Macy- Jenny's wonderful dog- who, unfortunately, since our trip has passed away. She was loved by many and will be missed.  
RIP Macy

While I was there, I took the opportunity to practice my photography skills and did an impromptu family photo shoot for them. For now, here is my favorite picture of the day. In the future, once I get my photography site set up, I will link to the entire session. Enjoy!

The Clark Family- December 2010


This photograph is so special to me, because of all the pain Jenny went through to bring little Easton into this world. After a very hard labor, she ended up having to have an Emergency C-section and almost died. Thankfully, the two of them are doing well today and after two years of trying unsuccessfully to have baby #2, I am so excited to announce that Easton will be welcoming a little baby brother in the spring of 2013! Praise be to a Wonderful God! I am so happy for this family and cannot wait to meet the new little one! I think I may just have to plan a summer trip to California next year to be sure I don't miss out on new baby squeezes :)



Next, Ryder and I drove down to Garden Grove, CA to visit my dear friends Wendi and Harry and their children, Kassidy and Xavier. Wendi and I spent lots of time talking, catching up, and just hanging out around the house. Fun stuff like pedicures, ordering in, and making jewelry was relaxing and all around good girl time that was very much needed. 

                                               The kiddos just loved little Ryder and couldn't stop loving on him. Here are some pictures we got of Xavier and Ryder playing and a great one of Kassidy holding him at the park. 
I just love this family! Again, I wish I had gotten pictures of ME with them! Guess I am so used to being behind the camera, that I forget. Next time...
Wendi, Harry, Kassidy, Xavier @ breakfast one morning

While we were in Garden Grove, I took this opportunity to do a family photo shoot of these guys as well! We had a ton of fun at the park. Here is my favorite photo of the day. Again, a link to the entire session once I get my photography website up and running. One step at a time for this busy mama. 

The Matthews-Ortiz Family- December 2010



I have been lucky enough to see Wendi and Xavier since this visit. Earlier this year, she was in Texas for a business trip, and stopped in for a night to see us. How I miss having them close by, but thankful that we are able to keep in touch with the wonderful world of technology.

Ryder and I also stopped and stayed the night with Brandi & Alec- it was a short visit, but we enjoyed each other's company like always. Every time I see her, it's like there has been NO time pass (except, now, I have kids- and hers is almost GROWN)! I was happy that they finally got to meet Ryder and I LOVE that Alec still calls me Aunt Bonnie! I hope that they make it out to Texas one of these days for a visit!  Wishing I had gotten a picture of Alec, but this is the only picture I could find from that visit. Glad to have at least that.

Brandi & Ryder


Well, that's it for now. My timer went off about 5 minutes ago, but I so wanted to finish my thoughts. Must go for now. It's a Monday, which means a new homeschooling theme, letter, number, color, nursery rhyme, bible verse, sign, songs, and books to go over with Ryder.

Till next time...

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful post! I can't say it enough, "I'm so proud of you" setting your timer and doing a little something for you to reflect on your life's journeys and place them in a scrapbook-like blog for your little men to look back on as well. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Amanda,I am so proud of you, Bonnie. You have brought memories together with words and pictures to a place you share with us all. Thank you. And Amanda, thank you! You started this and I still to this day LOVE reading your blog and viewing your pictures. It's great to see these pics of Ryder and then to see him now....time surely HAS flown!!! Good Job! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Writing this, and looking over our pics make me miss my friends and family in California way too much! I am SO thankful to FB for allowing us to keep in touch, but it's just not the same as being there in person. Sigh. Wish I could make an annual trip.

    ReplyDelete