Life as a House

"You know the great thing, though, is that change can be so constant you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't even notice that your life is better or worse, until it is. Or it can just blow you away, make you something different in an instant. It happened to me." - George- Life as a House

Friday, November 2, 2012

Big Bear, California- 2010

So, here begins yet another post of catching up. So much for my idea of doing one post per month. December of 2010 was so busy because Ryder and I went on vacation, so there's lots to blog about!


While we were in California, Ryder and I joined my mom and step dad (Diane and Jim) at one of their timeshares in Big Bear, CA for a couple of days.

We didn't do a whole lot except relax, which was nice after all the running around we had been doing! Jim was home from Afghanistan, and enjoyed spending some time with Ryder. Here they are sharing a bowl of cereal one morning and playing on the floor together.















The best thing about this little trip to Big Bear was Ryder's first experience with snow! We got all bundled up and went out to play in it for a bit. Here he is making a snow ball, and of course, as toddlers will do- put it in his mouth! 

                 I am so glad that Nana was here with us to capture me sharing this moment with my little bug. So often, I find myself behind the camera, not in front of it!

Tip: Don't eat the yellow snow!



Papaw Jim and Nana Diane with Ryder
Big Bear Christmas Tree in the Village


While we were there, I did a small photo shoot of Mom and Jim. Once I get the photography part of my blog up and running, you will be able to view the entire session. It was snowing so hard that it was difficult to get some good shots, but here is one of my favorites.

The Gathers- Big Bear- 2010

While we were there, I decided since I am always the one taking pictures, that I wanted to make mom an honorary "Rustic Chic Photography" assistant! Here is one of my favorites she took of me for my husband overseas. 
Bonnie- Big Bear- 2010
All in all, it was a fun trip- we loved the snow and the relaxation. Found a very cool little Christian Bookstore on the way out of town that had some wonderful little toddler CD's and stuff that I picked up for Ryder. To this day, he still listens to them!

Well, that's it for now. Have to do an update on the preschool homeschooling blog, then say good night prayers with my little man before heading to bed.

Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. You've paid me back now, Bonnie!!! YOU have inspired ME! I have been so busy trying to keep things afloat here that I've gone three weeks now without posting! I'm going to post TODAY for sure! Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete